The goal of WHY Community is to fund
1000 FREE Race Registrations each year
- Low-income or poverty-stricken adults and youth
- Youth dealing with various levels of abuse including physical, sexual and emotional abuse
- Veterans dealing with PTSD
- Active military and first responders
- Cancer patients and survivors
- Heart Disease patients and survivors
- Aging population dealing with various disorders including Dementia & Alzheimer
- Individuals with various physical and mental disabilities
Get InvolvedFunds collected through WHY Community will be used to offer FREE race registrations to identified at-risk populations.
People participate in runs and triathlons for a variety of reasons.
Some race to win. Some race to get faster and stronger. Some to get healthy and fit. Some to lose weight. Others just to get to the finish line. Some race because how it makes them feel when they cross the finish line and achieve their goal. Some to have fun and hang with friends. Some race to give back to an important local charity. Some race in honor of someone they love or someone they have lost.
Regardless of WHY, crossing the finish line is impactful in so many ways. The WHY Community has been created based on the premise that setting a goal, training to accomplish that goal and then completing that goal positively affects all areas of someone’s life. Our guiding principles at WHY Community are based on the beliefs best exemplified in the following quotes: